I know it’s been a very long time since I posted last. I have been so busy here.  I have many things to tell you but, the one thing that has been weighing heavy on my mind is about our Fat Daisy. Remember her?  Remember last year she had puppies, and we were so excited because, we didn’t think she could have any?  At that time, Fat Daisy was such a loving mother it warmed our  hearts over and over again to see the way she took care of her babies.

She seemed to truly love them. 

After all the puppies found their new homes I wanted to have her spayed. I made  many appointments but, couldn’t get it done. It seemed every time I had an appointment for her something major happened here and we missed the appointment all together.  As the year went on, more and more “things” happened in our life.

Fat Daisy just had to to wait.

leaf unsigned November 1 signed

I kept her close. I kept her in , and when she wasn’t in the house – I kept a very watchful eye on her. 

And then, the bottom feel out, and the Fisherman was hospitalized for two months in Atlanta – a three hour drive from our home. 


The day finally arrived that the fisherman was released form  hospital care, and we got to go home.   The day we got home from the hospital was the day Fat Daisy started delivering puppies. . . 

that’s when I found out the gestation period for dogs was about two months.

I was totally shocked to find out she was in this situation. 

It was a long hard delivery for her so I called the vet . . . long story short . . . she died. 

Our Fat Daisy died! 

 leaving behind three live puppies. 

leaf November 1 2014 signed

I got goats milk, warmed it up, and we tried to bottle feed her babies.  At the same time I tried to take care of our heart transplant patient, and all the other pressing things that go along with being away from the family, work, and home for two months.  The biggest thing laying on my heart was, I knew that in seven days I needed to have he fisherman back in Atlanta for rejection testing, and at least a three day stay on hospital grounds.

I couldn’t leave the care of the one who loves everyone, and three orphan puppies to the girl who loves music and the best nana.  I had to act, and I had to act fast. The puppies were not eating well and honestly, I didn’t know what I was doing. I called an animal rescue group ,and told them our situation.  They told me they would help, and help they did. I drove to meet a woman, and with a full, heavy heart I handed Fat Daisy’s puppies over. 

It’s hard to believe it all happened only a month ago.  It’s still hard to believe what the past four months has given us. We miss our fat Daisy but, it’s good to see her babies growing fat and healthy online.  


 1001 Gifts:

290.) hot coffee ready and made

291.) love shared between sisters

292.) the girl who loves music’s excitement for her little sister on Halloween

293.) running again – slow steady pace

294.) the fisherman feeling better everyday

295.) a two month anniversary

296.) thriving puppies – life marching on

297.) a warm house on this cold morning

298.) falling leaves

299.) changing colors

300.) breakfast with my youngest

12 thoughts on “Fat Daisy &

  1. Oh my goodness. You have had so much on your plate. I have been praying for you. I know the puppies are adorable. I’m so sorry about Daisy.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s